Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Full of Thanks!


As a child, I have lots of fond memories of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and other holidays. I remember lots of family, lots of food, and lots of laughter. Now that I have my own children, I want them to have fond memories as well. I also want them to know the meaning of each holiday as we celebrate it. Now Thanksgiving is upon us and it is time to give thanks for all we have. I am blessed...so very, very blessed to have the incredible family that God has given me.
This year, we have traveled to Georgia (as we normally do) to spend the holiday with family. And this year it is a HOUSE FULL!!! This is the first year that we have spent this holiday with Jarrett's brother's family since Allison has joined our family. We plan to make sweet, yummy turkeys out of Oreo Cookies, color placemats for all of our guests, and also do a fun craft on things we are thankful for.
I have been having lots of fun posting pictures from the past. Take a look at our Thanksgiving 2 years ago with the family. We hope to be building many many memories!

Turkey feathers that represent things we are thankful for (from each family member)!

Our sweet turkeys made out of cupcakes and candy corn!
Our finished product!

And here is Sydney and Annalise relaxing in a great big pile of leaves! Papa has already started raking the leaves for another big mound this year. I think I hear the kids grabbing shoes and jackets now to help him!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
I will be posting this years memories soon!!!

1 comment:

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

Oh my goodness! I cannot believe how little Sydney looks in those pictures.
I also forgot that Avery had a broken arm that Thanksgiving.
I love these pictures and I look forward to taking lots this week.