Monday, August 4, 2008

Clubhouse Rules


Annalise loves to build a fort. She shares this passion with her cousins. So today, Morgan and Annalise came to me and asked if they could build a fort in Annalise's bedroom. I was reluctant to say yes at first (due to the possible mountain of mess this tends to produce). But, being the fun mom and aunt that I am, I said "of course!" At least the mess is not on my living room floor like it was a few months back (record size fort, I might add).
The infamous Fort built in March


The Fort Today

After listening to them playing for some time, I realized this so-called fort was actually a maximum security clubhouse. Oh yes, and the officer in charge, Morgan, held a tight ship!!!



Here are the written rules (created by Morgan of course):
Yes, it is written on "The Office" notepad paper (love that show)!




1. ceap club clean
(Keep Club Clean - understandably a great rule)

2. don't be lowd
(Don't be Loud - the younger kids tend to think that screaming inside a small enclosed space is great fun. This rule was quite the challenge)

3. Always Sho pass
(Always show pass - each child was given a blue ribbon as the ticket to enter the clubhouse. Along with the pass, they had to give the secret code "158"...shh!!!!! Don't tell)

Jordan at the front entrance giving his code to the officers

4. X go out walls
(Don't go out through the walls - another hard rule to follow considering all walls are sheets and easy exits for little ones)

5. meating sit in plays
(During the meeting, sit in place. Good rule kiddos!)
Clean and sitting in place!


And check out the dialog:


Morgan: "All in favor say I" (not quite sure what they were voting on)
Prisoners...oops...I mean Clubhouse members: (probably having no idea what favor meant) "I" (loud and proud)


Morgan: "Okay everybody, What is Rule #4? It's the one that Sydney was just breaking!"
CH Members: "Don't go out through the walls...SYDNEY!!!!


Morgan: (talking to Sydney)"You are gonna go out of the clubhouse if you do that one more time" (well sure she is...isn't that the plan when breaking rule #4?)
Sydney: (Ignoring the dictatorship...she busts through the wall...oh no she didn't)!
CH Members: gasp!
Annalise: (desperately seeking the position of power) Sydney! You are DISQUALIFIED!

At this point, I thought it might be necessary to speak to the hearts of these little dominating darlings. Once that was settled, things were peachy!

Once Daddy got home from work, she invited him in. I forgot to mention that the fort has an age requirement before entry...it was 1-9yrs old. When Daddy got home and poked out his bottom lip, the age suddenly changed to 30 (Daddy turns 30 tomorrow)!

Aren't they cute!!!

4 comments:

Jen said...

How fun! I love this fort/clubhouse and all the rules! They are so cute! I love that you are blogging and not only one but two! It's great that I can still feel connected to everyone and be so far away. :) Jen

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

This is too funny! Isn't it amazing how strong you can see each personality in just this one instance? How is Avery not even mentioned? She is such a quiet child :)

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

I know, I know, she wasn't there. I'm sure you would have a whole other story if she was :)

Anonymous said...

This is too funny!