Friday, November 21, 2008

Long Night!

Well, we may be dealing with Allison's very first ear infection. Last night, as I went to lay in my bed at 11:30PM, Allison began screaming. And this went on until after 2AM. She couldn't seem to get her attention off of her ear until the ear drops settled, ibuprofen was administered, and Baby Mozart was entered into the DVD player. Once she finally fell asleep, she wiggled, snored, and slapped me in the head a few times in her slumber. Then we were awake again at 6:00AM to start all over again. Poor Baby!

Jarrett was planning to go to work early this morning to get a few hours in before heading out of town for the weekend. Unfortunately, because of the long drive ahead to the North GA Mountains, he is now trying to catch a few hours of sleep and will miss his Thanksgiving Lunch at work. I will be grabbing some clothes to throw on and heading off to the doctor with my sick little peanut.

Pray for Peanut. This could be a long day.

Blessings,

Jaime

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Ear infections stink! Nathaniel had chronic ear infections at least 4 times a "cold and flu" season! Sometimes in the summer too. He had them from age 1.5 to age 6. Blah. It was always one ear and the same ear. The ENT realized that his Eustation tube hadn't grown the correct way to drain out the fluid build up from congestion. Cause of the congestion... allergies. Put on allergy meds. no more fluid build up and no more ear infections!! PTL It was long 5 years!! I will pray for little angel and your sanity! (heating pad worked sometimes for nathaniel!)

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

Poor baby! I'm glad she is feeling better now :)

Sherill said...

I hope you all are feeling better. Have a great trip and Happy Thanksgiving!