Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Gymnastics Class!

I have been teaching Annalise and her nieces Gymnastics for about 3 years now. Although, I haven't been too consistent until this past year. And the girls love it! In my younger days I was a gymnast and later instructed gymnastics while I was in college. So, the passion lives on! Unfortunately, because I don't have access to a gym, the girls only learn floor exercises. But we make the most of it! I have such a talented little class! I even have one that has about conquered a back handspring!
This year we have a couple new students!
Welcome Abbie...And my nephew Jordan!

My youngest 3 students!

Our homemade balancing beam!

Jarrett and I have given Annalise an option to take some type of organized sport to get her interacting with other children (other than her "sisterly cousins"). Jarrett was really hoping for Soccer! Well, she wanted to take gymnastics! So, we are signing her up this week to take gymnastics at a local gym that has more than a hard carpeted area! She is so excited! More details on that to come. She starts tomorrow night!

4 comments:

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

Cute pictures! Thanks for being such a great teacher! They love it and look forward to it every week.
BTW, my arms and back are sore today from spotting Avery and Morgan yesterday (we did a whole bunch more at home to show daddy last night).

Kelly said...

How fun!! Where did you sign her up? Haylee takes gymnastics at Global (Brandi Johnson's place) in Clermont on thurs. nights! She was taking them at Metro, but it was too far to drive and they were WAY too intense for us!

Largaespada Family said...

Kelly,

She goes tonight for a trial class at Brown's in Altamonte. She also went to The Little Gym on Monday for a trial. It was such a far drive and a lot more expensive. I am really hoping tonight goes well!

Jaime

Kelly said...

I love that you are blogging because I'm learning so much about you!!! Gymnastics..I had no idea. This should be one of the interesting things about you in the women's retreat book this year :)