Thursday, August 14, 2008

She's starting Kindergarten!!

Family week is almost over and we have had a blast! Tonight we celebrated taco night and movie night! We even had Mexican mood music playing in the background while we dined (I love digital cable)! The only thing missing was sombreros!

So, tomorrow is our last official day of summer before school begins. Our little Annalise is 5 years old (sniffle sniffle) and will be starting Kindergarten on Monday. Through much prayer and discussion, we have decided that we would be homeschooling this year. Annalise is SO very excited that she can go on lots of vacations and still be at school! Annalise is also pretty pumped that she will be doing school with her cousin, Sydney. I have to say, I think I'm a pretty awesome teacher! Because Annalise loved pre-k so much at home last year, she wanted to continue through the summer. I wasn't to thrilled about doing 5 days a week of school in the summer. We needed to be swimming, going to the movies, and playing!!! So, I agreed to one day a week to teach her and Sydney together.

The girls love making fun crafts,

Baking yummy muffins,



And letting Allison be a part too!

Since Annalise and Sydney are a grade level apart, they will only do a few hours together each morning. Then, during Allison's afternoon nap, I will solely be working with Annalise on her reading and writing. I plan to only have classes Monday - Thursday with Friday as a Fun Day! We like to have fun!

So, we are off to enjoying our last few days of summer break!

She's growing up so fast!


2 comments:

Kelly said...

I love all the fun girl pictures on your blog! I can't believe that summer is over already!

Sunday said...

She is growing up so fast friend. I look forward to hearing and reading about this year for you girls. As we plan to homeschool Jakob next year I'll need lots of pointer's. Love you Sun