Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Weekend Away!

Jarrett and I were so blessed to get to spend a weekend all by ourselves!!!
We sent the kids to their cousins house to have a fun filled weekend. And that, they did! You can see it all here.
It was so nice to get away and have quiet conversation and sleep in!!! What is funny is that even though I was so excited to get some extra sleep, I didn't sleep past 8:15. I must say that our bed was quite uncomfortable. There is nothing like your own bed. I'm so glad I didn't forget my pillow!
Now we had never been to Melbourne, FL and didn't really make any plans. It was nice to not have a schedule but also a little frustrating because a lot of our time away was trying to figure out what to do!
We actually spent much of our time riding down the beach (sometimes 3 times a day) to find some waves. We love to boogy board! It never happened. Although, the beach was beautiful and very calming. We took a few walks along the shore line and talked. The last day was spent camping out on our boogy boards in the "lake-like" ocean and relaxing.
We did spend quite a bit of time at Andretti's Amuzement Park. Jarrett and I are suckers for some air-hockey! We actually played a lot of air-hockey on our honeymoon. It's kind of a weird tradition.
We also got HOOKED on "Deal or No Deal." We were a little greedy, which worked out some of the time! 75 tickets BABY (and that was just one game we played)!!!

And after the morning rain, we headed out for some mini-golf. Jarrett slaughtered me!!! I don't think golf of any sort is going to be "my game."


It was a great time and am looking forward to another weekend away in the future!

Thanks Uncle Cory and Aunt Cassie for watching our girls!!!

4 comments:

Jen said...

How fun to have a weekend with just the two of you! I am in need of one of those! And it looks like your kids may have had more fun than you! :)
Miss you! Love, Jen

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

Cute pictures. I am glad you had a refreshing weekend.
I think I had just as much fun as the girls this weekend. It's fun being fun :)

Sunday said...

Jaime, how sweet that you guys got to get away for the weekend. Cute pics of ya'll in the arcade! Miss you, love you, Sun

Brandi said...

What a fun weekend! I love the cool things you guys did.

Love ya,
Brandi