
In a world of technology, social networking, and mobile devices that can do almost EVERYTHING, it seems crazy for me to decide to stop texting. But, YEP! It's happening...at least for a trial period of time. I know myself and I know that I could benefit SO MUCH from putting the phone DOWN! It will not be an easy transition but I think it will be a healthy one for me and my family at this time. I realize that in my desire to be "convenient," I spend too much time trying to get those "quick" messages out...that can end up being a full conversation through texting. And then I find how much more "convenient" and "real" the conversation would have been if I picked up the phone, dialed a phone number and had a voice to voice conversation. I need to spend more time with my family during the day and not focus on returning a text. You know...be "home" when I'm home! I do love my friends and family but my husband and kids come first. I sure sound like I have a texting addiction problem don't I? And who knows? Maybe I do. So, just to get some priorities in place, I am willing to make this cut and focus on the things that matter.
The Lord has really been revealing to me many areas in my life that need a makeover. Honestly, I am making some hard changes...so changes that require some habits to change. But, it is WORTH it! I'm quite alright with being different. I don't have to do everything that my friends are doing and IT IS OKAY! My Facebook is still deactivated and life has continued to go on. Crazy huh?
So, for now, it's the old school way of dialing phone numbers and talking to people for this girl! I am also toying with the idea of writing letters too...with a writing utensil and NOT a keyboard...WHOA!!!
I pray that we all take the time to reevaluate areas in our life where we could use a positive change. Change is good. It's not always easy. But it sure could prove to be beneficial! Does this mean I think texting is wrong? No way! It's just not for me at this time. Texting may not be an area of addiction or issue for you. There are always places in us that deserve a quick "look see" for possible growth and change. I just want to encourage us all to engage in relationship with our Father above and see what He wants for you.
1 comment:
Guess we won't be talking anymore ;)
Post a Comment