Our sweet Annalise was baptized this morning! She made the decision after her final baptism class that she chose to take after having many questions about baptism over the last few months. Annalise at Christmas witnessed a little 7 year old girl being baptized at a Christmas production in Jacksonville and was highly interested in learning more. Then when in Georgia for Christmas she saw a few more baptisms. And finally after one worship service last month, Annalise saw another group of adults, youth, and children being baptized and decided to take the baptism class offered by Mrs. Lisa this month.
Annalise was so excited to have this opportunity to show others her love for Jesus! We weren't sure if she was old enough and/or understood enough...but after asking her questions, there was NO WAY we were talking her into waiting. She even said for those family members and friends that couldn't attend that "they can watch the video Mommy!" She was READY!

When Pastor Dan asked her how she came to know Christ, she answered by reading her testimony below:
"Well I've been to church my whole life and I started asking my parents questions like how will I go to heaven and will I go to heaven. I asked what it meant to have Jesus in my heart. I wanted Him to be part of my life. And then I asked Him into my heart and now today I want to get baptized because I wanted to show everybody that I asked Him into my heart. And I want to follow Him."
Then Daddy prayed for Annalise before she was baptized.

It was such a precious moment to hear Annalise and the other little girls with their sweet spirits sharing their love for Jesus. My eyes welled up with tears while she read her testimony and then her Daddy's prayer for her.
Mommy, Daddy, and Annalise!
And because I was trying to get every moment caught on camera, my flash wasn't quick enough to reset when she came out of the water. But, her Uncle Cory did catch the whole thing on video. Unfortunately, this was taken by our Video Camera which I didn't have capabilities to upload from. So...I used my camera and took video of the video so I could post it on here! Terrible quality, but I have to let the family at least get an idea until they see the actual fresh footage. So, listen closely to see if you can hear. Video of video isn't the best way to get good volume (or picture).
No comments:
Post a Comment