Sunday, September 21, 2008

N.Y.C. Day#2

Last night I was so tired that I just couldn't bring myself to blog.
New York is a city that requires a LOT of walking! And that took quite the toll on me.
So, yesterday started off with hitting the NY Subway for the first time. That was quite the experience for a first timer all by herself. I was on my way to Penn Station to pick up my sister and brother-n-law. Matt (brother-n-law) had to be the lone man with two crazy sisters! Jarrett wouldn't join us until later that evening. Stinky Work!
Yep, that is me. And nope, that is not my sister. Ami, like most girls, don't particularly like to have pictures posted of themselves that haven't been thoroughly examined. So, I had to be quite selective and post a few (your welcome Ami)!
Below is a picture of some kind of fair/festival in "Little Italy." It was quite crowded!
Here would be a yummy picture of my spinach ravioli with all kinds of fancy cheeses that I forgot. It was very tasty!
We stopped by the World Trade Center site to see the progress on the new Twin Towers. It is expected to be completed in only 4 years.
Another view of the construction and huge pictures of the new World Trade Center.

Several memorial items were on display at the site. As we walked through, memories of that horrific day flooded my mind. I got chills as I read names and saw pictures of NYPD officers and Firefighters that were killed that day.
"May We Never Forget"

Next stop (of many) was our first New York stand hot dog! Wow, they are yummy! Ours were ordered with Sour Kraut and Caramelized Onions!!! Yes, we had only eaten a couple of hours before but we wanted to get all the NY treats we could! Just a little secret...the "Simon's Sisters" LOVE to eat!
The closer we got to Times Square, the less personal space we owned!
Ami and Matt at the Havana Grill (yummy Cuban food and beautiful scenery). By the way, this was at dinner time. That doesn't mean we didn't stop for a few more treats along the way.
Yay! It's Jarrett again! He did get to enjoy dinner with us and a night out to go "people watching." Then we called it a night. Our feet hurt, and my legs, hips, and shoulders, our hands felt dirty, and we needed some sleep!





1 comment:

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

Nice picture with the sunset in the background. Are you wearing my shirt?
I'm so proud of you for reaching that height with no fear! You go girl! No panic attack either?