

My first cab ride!


I'll show you a few pictures along my tour. I must add that this tour was extremely informative. There is so much history in New York City. Also, the architecture is gorgeous!

Here is my tour guide showing us John Lennon's past home and place of death.

Radio City Music Hall!

The Original Soup Kitchen (famous from Seinfeld)! Now closed.

The Apollo (in the heart of Harlem)

The famous Trump Towers

My sweet friend told me about Times Square Church and said I must try and get to a service if possible. They had a Friday night service and I was able to be a part! I'm so glad I did. It was amazing! It was so awesome to worship with so many hundreds of believers from all nationalities!

After church I headed off for a 2 hour night tour of the City and Brooklyn. WOW, it was cold!!!

Times Square

Night View from Brooklyn, NY

Well, that's my first day! I was definitely taken out of my comfort zone today. Typically, I don't do the "tourist" thing by myself. I don't even eat at restaurants by myself. I also talked a vendor's price down on a handbag (so not like me). He told me I was pretty (he was a little creepy) and I didn't cry. I also hate to have my picture taken...especially when they look like they do above. But, hey, it's New York!
3 comments:
I am so proud of you!!! Way to go by yourself!!!
Way to go girl... you are soooo brave!! I am so jealous!! I had lived in PA for 20 years and never went to NYC!! I so want to go!! My first stop , Broadway!!
Sounds like you are having a great time. I'm so proud of you for stepping out of your comfort zone!
Post a Comment