Monday, January 12, 2009

Helping a Brother Out!

My husband is an incredibly funny man. He constantly is making me laugh (even at times when he shouldn't)! Just the other day, I received a copy of a string of emails from my husband to my brother and sister-n-law. My brother-n-law is looking for a job and Jarrett apparently has the answer. For your enjoyment, I attached the emails below:


To: Cory and Cassie
From: Jarrett

I'm thinking firefighter!
From: Cassie
To: Jarrett

Ummm... for you or for Cory?




To:
Cory and Cassie From: Jarrett


Well, I think the answer is obvious. Cory will start immediately due to the obvious need. Once he's in and acclimated to the Fire Dept system and makes a name for himself (most likely by pulling a child from the third floor window of a burning house), I will then join the department as the superhero veteran's cocky kid brother. We'll have our hardships as I live in his shadows and risk my life, yes for sake of others, but also to become a hero myself and blast out of the shadow of my older brother. Cory will try to reason with me and encourage me to stick to the departments policies and procedures until one day I have a near death experience when I put my life on the line for the sake a rescuing a cat from a tree. Once I awaken from the coma, we'll both realize how selfish we've been, agree that we could be an unstoppable team if we worked together, then shake hands and give a thumbs up while the heartwarming background music plays in the background. Just then, both of our pagers will go off with an message calling for all precincts to report to an out of control warehouse fire that's burning downtown. I'll look at Cory and say, "Looks like its the big one". And he'll say "Are you ready to do this?". I'll say, "I was born ready!" as the heartwarming music transitions to dramatic, yet energetic music in the background. We both go to the warehouse fire, Cory saves my life, then I save Cory's life, then we save some other peoples lives, then we're both celebrity heroes. Later that year, we both pose for the Brothers of the Orlando Fire Department calendar, where we both pose for July in respect to all the fallen kittens, God rest their souls!

To: Jarrett From: Cassie


Well, I am glad to see that this is not a rash decision. It looks like you sure have put a lot of thought into it. The only thing missing is the 2 beautiful women that give both of you all the courage and self-confidence to make it through such an ordeal (before you say anything, I am talking about Jaime and I :). We are there for you to be shoulders to cry on and an encouragement that you have what it takes to make it through. Really, that's one of the best parts

Cassie

To: Cory and Cassie From: Jarrett

Um, we don't let people see us cry. We're firefighters.

8 comments:

Kelly said...

SO funny!! Can you say... "Backdraft"! Have a good one!

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

I'm glad this made it to a post. It sure made me laugh!

Brandi said...

I also love that this made it to a post!!! Too funny. . . And wow they have some serious time on their hands, especially Jarrett! I mean hasn't he been "working" late? Haha.

Brandi

Brittani said...

those boys are too funny! Hey, I wanted to make sure that you knew that I invited you, Cassie, & Cathy to the movie on sunday. I called Cathy & she said you girls can't do Sunday night stuff because of Bible studies. Anyway, wanted you to know that you were totally included & next time I will plan it on a monday night :)

Mikki said...

This was soo funnY!!! Thanks for sharing :-)

Jackie Sue said...

That Jarrett is a funny guy. Randomly around our house for no apparent reason I will say, "Eddie, that Jarrett is soooo funny". Seriously, it happens all the time ;)

Jaime Sue said...

Totally off topic, but very newsworthy...
Jason and I are expecting again!!!!!!!!! I can't even tell you how excited I am. Jan 16th (Victor's birthday) we found out and I just happened to have my yearly ob visit scheduled for this Thursday, so we will see how far along I am. I will probably post about it tomorrow... I wanted to tell my Bible Study ladies in person first....

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha! Love it! Sounds like the way my brothers and I interact. Except I come from a household of Police Officers. I am the one who skipped out on that career!