Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Make Me Stronger!

"He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Most gladly therefore I will rather glory in my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest on me. Therefore I take pleasure in weaknesses, in injuries, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then am I strong." - II Corinthians 12:9-10

This life.

Is Hard.

In each phase of our life we experience hardships. Then we reach the valleys (oh those are nice)! Then ouch, there's the pain again. Why? Why does it have to be so hard?

We live in a fallen world. And much of the blame, I believe, belongs to the wicked schemes of Satan. But, you know, all the hurt and hardships in this world are not a direct result of the enemy. Yes, we as humans, fall prey to him too often in our free will to choose and we fail, causing pain and destruction on our path. And the effects can last a lifetime. But, sometimes, it's not a result of sin. We just go through our daily routines and get hit with something that is just a part of life...our car breaks down, we lose our job, a loved one becomes terminally ill, etc. And then sometimes, it's just disappointment of "what we thought" life would be like. It can even be the worry of the unknown. We get frustrated trying to figure out "how to" this and "protection or control" of that. And we can also spend a majority of life beating ourselves up over our own failures (or someone else's...sinful or not). It is even painful even when choosing to make (what you believe) the "right" choice (rather right or wrong), against popular opinion or advice of someone else.

And regardless of why we experience the pain...IT HURTS.

A few weeks ago, in my small group, we shared many of the struggles we were all facing. Tears were shed. And we listened to each other's pain, it was so encouraging to know that we don't have to walk this alone. We know that it is possible to make it through the tough times. And to know that others before us have experienced the same pain and came out alive gives me hope! Not all examples had fairy tale endings and some came out defeated. But, then there are those that not only made it out breathing...They came out stronger in the end!

Yes, that's what I want...to be stronger in the end! To stand! To fight! To experience continual victory! I refuse to be defeated!


"But they that hope in the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall take wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."
Isaiah 40:31


Today I am so thankful to my Heavenly father for my friendships, for my small group, for my sweet mentors, to my community and family. God has blessed me with some of the most amazing relationships in my life that chose to love me and walk this journey on earth with me. I am humbled by their mercy and grace. I am grateful for the things I learn from them. I am filled with joy when I think of all the hardships we have overcome together.

At that small group a few weeks back, a friend of mine shared this song with us that is on Christian radio often. It amazes me how much I can miss in the car as I am driving, talking to my kids, or just zoning out! There are great songs out there! This song absolutely blessed me that night and I can't help but want to get in a boxing ring every time I hear it.

Let's make it out of this life stronger!!!

STRONGER (video w/lyrics at the bottom of the post)
-Mandisa

Hey, heard you were up all night
Thinking about how your world ain't right
And you wonder if things will ever get better
And you're asking why is it always raining on you
When all you want is just a little good news
Instead of standing there stuck out in the weather

Oh, don't hang your head
It's gonna end
God's right there
Even if it's hard to see Him
I promise you that He still cares

[Chorus:]
When the waves are taking you under
Hold on just a little bit longer
He knows that this is gonna make you stronger, stronger
The pain ain't gonna last forever
And things can only get better
Believe me
This is gonna make you stronger
Gonna make you stronger, stronger, stronger
Believe me, this is gonna make you Stronger

Try and do the best you can
Hold on and let Him hold your hand
And go on and fall into the arms of Jesus
Oh, lift your head it's gonna end
God's right there
Even when you just can't feel Him
I promise you that He still cares

[Chorus]

'Cause if He started this work in your life
He will be faithful to complete it
If only you believe it
He knows how much it hurts
And I'm sure that He's gonna help you get through this

When the waves are taking you under
Hold on just a little bit longer
He knows that this is gonna make you stronger, stronger
The pain ain't gonna last forever
In time it's gonna get better
Believe me
This is gonna make you stronger


(Video - Stronger by Mandisa via YouTube)


1 comment:

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

It definitely makes the trials easier as we walk them together! I love having you as one of my "cry on the shoulder" and "share life with" friends. And... I do believe that God is going to use all of this to make us STRONGER!!